- Review of Shot Silk by Terese Coe
- Review of “Accepting the Disaster” by Joshua Mehigan
- Review of Auden’s Complete Works: Prose, Vol V, Vol VI
Here’s a fairly recent review I did of Volumes V and VI of Auden’s Prose for the Italian poetry journal, Semicerchio. These are the concluding volumes of a magnificent publishing enterprise devoted to one of the greatest writers of the 20th century.
- Tilting the World: Seamus Heaney’s Poem “Miracle”
Review of “Tilting the World: Seamus Heaney’s Poem “Miracle”. Published in Semicerchio Vol. LI, Dec. 2014.
- Review of “Girly Gangs” by John Whitworth
Review of “Girly Gangs” by John Whitworth. Published in Semicerchio Vol. L, 2014
- “A Window Fiery-Mild”: The Role of Venice in The Book of Ephraim
Originally published in Contemporary Poetry Review on 8 November 2013 Link to original online publication. The Book of Ephraim is a very “literary” work and perhaps never more so than in its Venetian sections (V and W). It is my contention that Section V (the letter V, not the Roman numeral) constitutes not only a major turning-point in […]